The 2011 Information Policy Conference, is to be held on 15 November 2011 at the National Convention Centre, Canberra.
This conference is aimed at developing a National Information Policy for Australia, with a focus on identifying and overcoming the barriers to open government through the publication of public sector information. It will bring together information experts from the public and private sectors to share ideas and insights on the future direction of government information policy.
This will be an opportunity for delegates to:
- find out about the progress of the open government reforms
- contribute to the development of a National Information Policy for Australia
- consider issues around the proactive publication of public sector information
- share best practice case studies
- learn about the OAIC's Principles on open public sector information
- discover how technology provides new opportunities for information management and exchange